Sometimes when I don’t feel like cooking a full fledged meal, I always look forward to making these lovely roast potatoes with aromatic Rosemary. The good thing about potatoes is, they are always available in the pantry (or the supermarket :)) so there is no excuse not to cook them. Bring in some fresh herbs and let the magic begin…!! Although you could use any kind of potatoes, the waxy kind which include, Charlotte, Maris Peer and Jersey Royals are better suited because they hold their shape when cooked and they are in season now as well. Anyway, lets get started!!
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes Cooking time: 25-30 minutes Servings: 2-3
1 kg waxy potatoes, halved
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 medium size garlic cloves, smashed
2-3 fresh sprigs of rosemary
salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic cloves.
- Saute for a minute or two and as soon it starts changing colour , add the potatoes. Saute it for another minute and add the rosemary sprigs.
- Lower the heat to medium, cover and let it cook for about 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are done. Keep stirring in the meantime.
- Drain on a kitchen paper.
- Season with salt if needed…. and there you have it! Enjoy! 🙂
Adapted from: 1000 Recipes Italian
References : BBC Food