Seasonal food always catches my attention and this time its sea bass with a medley of seasonal vegetables. I found a lovely recipe in Mary Berry’s book – “Cook Now, Eat Later” which I thoroughly enjoyed making. Celebrate the joy of seasonal cooking with me and enjoy this light and simple recipe on a beautiful sunny weekend (or weekday if you like).
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes Cooking time: 45-50 minutes Serves: 3-4
- 4 sea bass fillets with skin on
- 750 grams jersey royal potatoes or any waxy potatoes
- I medium to large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into 8 pieces
- olive oil
- salt and ground pepper for seasoning
- fresh coriander leaves, chopped for garnishing
- Make diagonal cuts on the skin of the fillets and brush them with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius and grease an ovenproof dish.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until they are 90% done (if you poke a knife in them, they should feel a little hard).
- Brown the onions, peppers, garlic and boiled potatoes in a pan and season with salt and pepper.
- On a greased hot pan, fry the fish skin side down for about a minute or two. Take care not to cook it all the way through, the remainder of the cooking will happen in the oven.
- Arrange the vegetables in the ovenproof dish, put the fish on top of them with skin side up and bake for around 10-15 minutes until the fish is completely cooked.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and enjoy a home cooked food with some lovely white wine!!
( Recipe Inspired from Mary Berry’s “Cook Now, Eat Later” )