Okay, strange name you might be thinking but its just what came to my mind while making this dish. This recipe is basically sausage meat wrapped in chicken thighs with a sauce and is inspired from Mary Berry’s book “Cook now, eat later”. I really loved this recipe, no extra preparations, easy to make and quick to serve. A must try for a family supper or you can also enjoy alone and pamper yourself for a lovely weekend food. The ingredients used are all readily available and the end result is absolutely delicious.
Preparation time : 10-15 minutes Cooking time: 50-60 minutes
Here is the list of the ingredients, I used:
For the stuffing:
- 2 pork sausages, slit them and remove the skin, keep the meat in a bowl
- 4 black olives chopped
- zest of 1 unwaxed lemon, grated
- finely chopped fresh thyme and sage
- salt and crushed/ground black pepper for seasoning
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 4-5 vine ripened tomatoes, pureed
- 4 chicken thighs, bone and skin removed
- parmesan cheese
- ovenproof dish
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degree Celsius. Mix the sausage meat with all the ingredients for stuffing.
2. Lay out the chicken thighs with smooth side down, season it with salt and pepper and place a portion of stuffing in the centre.3. Make a roll and place it in the dish with the join side down and season with salt and pepper.
4. Mix all the ingredients of the sauce and pour on the thighs.
5. Grate a generous amount of Parmesan.6. Cook in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes until the meat is cooked through and the sauce is bubbling. 7.Serve hot on a bed of spaghetti tossed with some herbs and olive oil and enjoy this porken delight!! Picture courtesy : Aman Agrawal
Recipe inspired from Mary Berry’s book “Cook Now, Eat Later”.