Do you fancy making pizza at home?
I made it once and liked it so much that I stopped ordering it from takeaways, to me that’s the magic of homemade stuff. If you want to create that magic in your kitchen, then it’s time to start making it and take my words you will enjoy each and every bite of it. The best part about making a pizza is you can have fun with the toppings and it’s quick to make.
I picked the following things from my pantry and came out with this recipe:
- Pizza base or make the dough at home and roll out into circles
- Sun dried tomato paste as my pizza sauce
- Olive oil
- For toppings, I used red onions, yellow and green peppers, olives
- Mozzarella cheese balls and parmesan cheese
- Fresh thyme leaves or dried, if fresh is unavailable
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
I dug into the flour, yeast and semolina to make the pizza dough. For pizza dough recipe you can refer to Baking Mad.
Sautéed the onions and bell peppers in olive oil, not much just enough to retain the crunch and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Rolled out into discs and applied the sun dried tomato paste.
Arranged the toppings.
Dropped in the mozzarella balls and fresh thyme and grated some parmesan completing it finally to pop into the oven.
Baked in the centre of preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the base was golden and the cheese is melted.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes Cooking time:15-20 minutes